Monday, June 30, 2008

Artist Spotlight: Marc McFly

Local Artist from Jacksonville, Really cool peoples, check out the interview. enjoi!


Photobucket

So what inspired you to do music?- The thing that inspired me to do music was the laid back good music. It help calmed me down and i used to write alot of poetry so one day i decided to put it in a beat.
Who are your favortie artists right now?- Right now the new voices of hip hop are making me hype lately. Lupe Fiasco, The Cool Kids, Curren$y, and Wale are currently heatin' up the speakers!
Any new projects in the works?- I just finished my debut mixtape a month ago but now i am currently working on a new mixtape called Mile high club vol. 1.it's on some classic "jackin' for beats" mixtape ish. Just spittin' quick 16'sto the beats that have inspired me from the past to the present. I'm a huge fanof instrumentals.
What would you define your sound as?- Im currently testing out new flows and vocal tones...trying to find my right sound,so i would say if you take Lupe Fiasco + Fabolous - wack rappers + weezy and multiply by Wale than you got me.
On to other things, so what are your thoughts on the sneakergame?- Mannn, Im a personal lover of the sneaker game if the sneaks is hot then its on my feet, ya dig me? I like to be colorful...only way to go. Stay fly!
Any future copps in mind?- Well, Im about to hit up Cali, tryin' to go back to the Dunks and Blazers. I'm a huge fan of those andas you know..Jacksonville, Florida isnt exactly the shoe capital. Wackness.
last thoughts, anything else you want to say? Shoutouts?- i'm just trying to keep originality in hip-hop. I wont ever make the people dance like zombies to ringtone music, ya dig?I'm Marc Mcfly representin' Fly High Club and 904 Squad Dj's. Support the only movement flyinnnn'! shout outs to my dude Black Mike, Young Kaliber, Dj Hype Kid, and De' for hittin me up wit the interview, thanks kid.Peaceee in the far-east! Live From The Cambodian Tour vol 2 and Mile High Club vol 1. on the wayyy!

myspace.com/coolflyfresh

No comments: