Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Female Sneakerhead Spotight: DOLLFACE

Gotta Treat for all of you out there, you may know this lovely lady from sneakerplay, but for you sad souls who dont know her, heres a little bit about this Sneakerlady. enjoi =)



1. Its good to hear from you, how does it feel to be the first in the "Female Sneakerhead Spotlight"?
>> Wow, it feels pretty good. I feel pretty honored actually that you would even want to know anything about me! haha

2. how did you get into the sneaker game?
>> Well, it all started with my brother. He started getting into sneakers a few years back and every time I went into his room, he would have new shoes up on his shelf. One of them caught my attention: The Tiffany Dunks. I have never seen such a beautiful sneaker in my life. When he got me my first pair of dunks, I still wasn't interested enough to know the dish on sneakers until I went to Taiwan one summer and bought my first pair of sneakers to be in my collection. I never knew how unique each shoe can be, but since then, I've been wanting to learn more.

3. what are your thoughts about the sneaker culture now? especailly for the females?
>> The sneaker culture is definitely something to appreciate. It's a diversity of different clothing styles and people coming from different backgrounds that unite together for the love of sneakers. I don't care how outrageous a person dresses, but as long as he feels good in his sneaks... I give him props. I think the whole sneaker culture is really exciting and I understand there aren't a lot of females in it, but they do what they do with their sneakers and they're awesome at it. I love seeing a girl looking better in the same kicks than a guy. That's swagger.

4.What would you say is your favorite pair of kicks that you own and a pair that you hope to own one day?
>> Every shoe in my collection are my favorites!! But if i had to choose, my favorite pair would have to be my first pair of Dunks. I don't think they have a name to them. It was a gift to me from my brother. I believe he got it at Journey's ages ago. They're pink and black, suede/nubuck material. I wear them so often.. it's been about 3 years now and I still rock em even though they're so dirty. My lil bro gave them to me so I love them. =] I hope to own a pair of the Tiffany Dunks in my size. That shoe is like my holy grail.

5. Okay enough about shoes for now, what would you say is your top five artist that your listening to?(any genre)
>> My top five artists would be Gary Cao (Cao Ge), M-Flo, Slum Village, Namie Amuro, Talib Kweli. It's a pretty random list, but I just got my laptop back and those were the artists I really wanted to put on heavy rotation on my iTunes. haha



6. Now I have to ask this one for all the guys reading this, what are some of the things that a girl such as yourself look for in a guy?
>> CLASS... which means no players, liars, cheaters, and heartbreakers. A girl like myself has already been through all that and I don't need history to repeat itself. Someone who knows what he wants to do with his life even if it's just a dream for now. He doesn't need to be a sneaker collector, but needs to know how to dress. I'm open to all styles as long as he know how to work with what he's got. He's gotta be tight with his family because family is VERY important to me. Most importantly, he's gotta know how to treat a lady right! =]

7. Thanks for your time =) I enjoyed having you, any last words shoutouts?
>>Thank you so much for having me in the spotlight. I had a lot of fun chatting with you today. My shouts go to The Gang, Moms & Pops, Howie Boo Bear, Ralphy, Wex, Valentine, my photographer- Rsel, all of my peoples at Sneakerplay, and the person who means the world to me- Calvin. These people put smiles on my face everyday and I can't thank them enough.

check her out on sneakerplay.
www.sneakerplay.com/members/DOLLFACE/

-De'

2 comments:

Justin Fallible said...

"Wow, it feels pretty good."

That's what She Said =^_^=

Anonymous said...

Aww I finally see it!!

Good Job! =]

Thanks so much, De'!

-- Crystal